Tuesday, July 30, 2013

PARENTING LESSONS GIVEN FROM A LOST MOTHER MOLE

WELL Yesterday when my husband was taking JR to mow the yard with our tractor, he found that SOMETHING had built a nest in the engine. Not only had it built a nest but "it" was gone and left 2 little babies that were no more than one inch big with NO hair, and their Eyes are yet to be opened. He pulled them out and made the mistake of showing them to me. He said 'throw them over in the woods, they are going to die.' I belive in FATE and think HE found them for a reason. So I did not listen to him. I warmed up a rag in the microwave and got it hot. I put it in an old LARGE coffee container, put a cloth over it and put them on top of each other to keep them safe and warm. I have been feeding them with a medicine dropper and milk. It's hard because they can't latch on. One eats and one doesn't. They are honestly as small as my pinkie finger. My husband called them Mice. I know from being a CHILD mice lover that they were not. I had 7 litters of mice when my pets had families. Come to find out they are baby Moles. And Moles are usually ugly to me. But now that I'm taking care of them, they are beautiful. I feel like I'm doing God's Will since I have kept them alive over 24 hours. I am in a hurry tonight so haven't snapped a pic yet. BUT this is the CLOSEST pic I could find online. Now mine are hairless and their eyes are closed but other than that they do not look like moles yet. They look cute.Neither of them have ANY distinguishing marks so we can't name them. It's sad, they are wild animals and I am keeping them alive as long as I can to the best of my ability. BUT what do I do when they are old enough to leave my nest~if God is willing they live that long without a REAL mother? I will be sad, and hope that I'm able to give them skills needed to find food on their own. I don't even know how old they need to be. I have real researching to do. :) However, I wanted to share the mirical of life. As a mother of 4, I think this is God given me an experience so that when my children grow up, I will already have went thru what I am dreading most of parent hood... Empty nest syndrom. It's the same. Will I teach my kids the things they need to survive, and I will be (even more) sad to see my kids go as well. So, here is a life learning experience for me all given thru the loss of a mother mole. Here is a similar pic of ours(minus the hair and 2-3 inches).


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might know by now to feed your little moles Esbilac It is a puppy milk replacer.Buy the powdered kind and follow the directions. Keep them warm with a heating pad set on low. Check frequently they don't get to cool. Never never never feed a cool or cold baby it can kill them. Moles are very sweet and never bite. So as they get older and get hair you can move them into a fish tank with clean soil. with grubs and worms when they know what they are doing you can release them. With your care and God willing they will grow up to be healthy happy Moles. Keep Blogging I will love to see how they grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am doing all but puppy milk. When I did research I told me to use powdered cat's milk, does that make a difference? they are doing well. I'll post pics of them later today, i have some running to do and I'm getting the baby dressed then going to feed them before I go. One of them always eats like a piggy while the other barely eats. I think its because he/she can not latch on to the medicine dropper. LIke a newborn baby looking for a breast but being given a bottle. :( But I think they are doing well considering they were heated for 10 minutes by the motor of the tractor.

      Delete

Please leave any comment and I will be sure to respond. Remember this: Live each day as your last. Never miss a moment, each moment is a memory that could end up meaning the world to you. Love each other deeply. Hate and dislike hurt the soul and take away from your peace, happiness, creativity and purpose. Live Loud With No Regrets.