Wednesday, June 18, 2014

SUMMER ORGANIZING/CLEANING HOMEMADE CLEANERS

NAUGHTY, BUSY MEGS~
OK. I turned spring cleaning to summer cleaning because of personal things that kept me away...family "issues." But #1 at least the kids can help clean and #2 who likes to be traditional? If we spring clean in the summer, we can clean, removing things we don't need. Our OLD treasures have you, that we "forgot," didn't use after all, wish there was somewhere to put it cause it takes up too much space and no one uses it, all the "old" things of the kids, and turn our clutter into MONEY. PLUS #3 I downloaded BLOGGEROID on my phone. So, when I'm not home, I can still keep up with our plans.

Since I turned Spring Cleaning to Summer Cleaning, we don't have to be in the house due to the RAIN! I'm not sure where you live but we get rained in sometimes. Sometimes, the opposite. I let the kids get rained "OUT." No lightning, yes you can "Jump up and down in muddy puddles" Like Pepa Pig. Like they say, "EVERYONE LOVES JUMPING UP AND DOWN IN MUDDY PUDDLES." So, even if it don't rain where you are spray a yard and jump in mud with the kids. If you haven't seen this cartoon, not just the pigs do it. Danny Dog, Rebecca Rabbit, Suzy Sheep, Pedro Pony, Zoe Zebra, Emily Elephant and whomever I forgot, they love it and so do their parents. Off Subject. ADHD again, but I work thru it. I don't take medications for that so work with me.

Next on our cleaning agenda was that I was going to list the SAFE cleaners you can make from your own household items, some that are staples you buy and wouldn't think of, some you may know about like I did, but I was unaware of the possibilities that each one possessed. So, I'll list the items we can clean with, and you make sure you have them.
SAFE, CHEAP AND MOSTLY CHEMICAL FREE HOMEMADE CLEANER SUPPLIES:
  • BAKING SODA (I use 2 small a month one for in fridge and in freezer as a neutralizer,2 large ones, a box for laundry, and a second large box for actual cleaning tips or cleaning"paste")
  • SALT (I rarely use a whole container of salt, its mainly used for scrubbing, so if you are like me and don't cook with salt, what's on hand should be fine. If your family uses salt for food a lot, or play doh, then I'd grab one for cleaning.
  • LEMON JUICE (Though you can buy small lemon shaped containers, I get the big jug. I never use it all before it expires, BUT if you're not eating it and just cleaning, it still works and the fact it's expired a little won't matter)
  • A LEMON OR LIME (I buy one every month to two months. They get rid of stubborn stains that need scrubbed, by pouring salt on a lemon half, it works better than a scouring rag, and even SOS pads)
  • PEROXIDE( this is great to have an extra bottle or two in the laundry area. Just a few things it usually always will work on, getting blood out of clothes, it helps get rid of grass stains, and even got permanent marker out of my daughters new white shirt, red juice out of grandma's $700 rug and more, also a great disinfectant)
  • WHITENING TOOTH PASTE-must be whitening and paste NOT gel (I buy the cheap brand for cleaning, they do the same. So, one example we'll use it for: whitening porcelain sinks and toilets if stained or just want them show room white, and whitening any white shoes...and more)
  • VINEGAR(Again I have one for cooking and food, and a gallon every month to three months for cleaning. This gets rid of black mold-which causes brain damage, and that black GUNK behind the bathroom and/or kitchen faucet. Also a great disinfectant)
  • RUBBING ALCOHOL (As with peroxide I keep an extra on hand. Rubbing alcohol amazingly, an obvious germ and bacteria cleaner, it cleans the mold, bacteria, and disease off your garden tools so your new garden don't catch a cold, cleans your combs, and not to mention chrome.)
Okay so, go get you this stuff, I already have cleaners to be made for spray bottles, and the other things these household items can amaze you with ALREADY to be posted. But, I want to research tomorrow to see if there are other common household items I missed that can help, or other grossness that these current ones can clean. SO NEXT STOP, MAKING YOUR CLEANERS. I will then woo you with foods and food garbage can ward off bugs like ants, beetles, spiders and whatever else so you can do the perimeter of the rooms you're cleaning. NOBODY likes getting in the mood to clean, or having to MAKE themselves do it, and then picture it: You get into sorting, throwing away, wiping down and BUGS! So, lets combat that next.

I promise I'll be around more. I will be on the computer more because: YAY I finally went and got myself enrolled to get a degree in Psychology concentrating in Human Services and Substance Abuse Counseling. So, in between assignments, I'll post more often. 

Happy Summer,
Happy Puddle Jumping and Swimming,
Happy Organizing and Cleaning,
Most important~Work to be a happy YOU,

XOXOXO 
MEGS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comment and I will be sure to respond. Remember this: Live each day as your last. Never miss a moment, each moment is a memory that could end up meaning the world to you. Love each other deeply. Hate and dislike hurt the soul and take away from your peace, happiness, creativity and purpose. Live Loud With No Regrets.