Friday, May 9, 2014

SPRING CLEANING~STEP 1 GETTING READY

READY TO CLEAN: CLEANING YOUR CLEANING SUPPLIES:
When I said spring cleaning, did you think you'd be cleaning and organizing your cleaning supplies? Well this makes the most sense because you're going to need these things in order to clean and organize the rest of your soon to be humble home.
Things to do before each session is to grab a box, I get mine free from this link> The United States Postal Service Free Shipping Supplies you can throw all items in one box that you don't want or need, and sort later, or get a garbage bag for throw away, box for donate, box for yard sale(yes another GREAT step in this spring cleaning), and box for storage.
First step is making sure you have what you need. You can buy or make your own cleaning supplies. I'll eventually~shortly~be giving you access to making your own cleaning supplies to save money.
****ITS IMPORTANT THAT YOU REMEMBER YOU ARE CLEANING AND ORGANIZING. FEEL FREE TO DONATE, GET RID OF, THROW AWAY THINGS YOU HAVE NOT USED IN MONTHS. DO NOT FEEL GUILTY BUT FEEL EMPOWERED. YOU WILL LOVE IT WHEN WE ARE THRU ALL THE STEPS.*****
First, you should get out all cleaning supplies and put them into one pile, place, bucket, whatever. What do you NOT use, and why? Example: I do NOT use my store bought stainless steel cleaner because I have my own remedy. So I place that in the get rid of pile. I do NOT use "Goo be Gone" often because it's not something made to clean everyday items. I do use it when I need Goo to be Gone and nothing else works. So, keep.  Do this until you have gone thru all your cleaning supplies old and new. Don't keep something because you forgot you had it. There is a reason you forgot about it. Donating cleaning supplies to your local animal, homeless, or women's shelter is a great way to get rid of things without wasting them. Here is a list of MUST HAVES for Spring Cleaning.
You need very few store bought or homemade cleaners. You need:
  • All purpose Cleaner
  • Cleaner with bleach/disinfectant
  • Sanitizer for air/surface like OUST, or LYSOL DISINFECTANT SPRAY
  • Window Cleaner
  • Stain Remover for Carpet/Furniture 
  • Fabreeze or room deodorizer
You'd be surprised at how much stuff you can clean with things you find in your cupboard in the kitchen. These are the household staples that you should have on hand that clean almost ANYTHING and almost EVERYTHING:
  • Baking Soda
  • Vinegar
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • White Paste Toothpaste
  • Salt
  • lemon, or lemon juice. Always good to have a lemon on hand
You need these extra supplies that you can get cheap on Amazon, Walmart, or anywhere you shop. I have placed some ads for products I order and use, so look to the right, click on picture of the supply you need and buy, or grab at the store:
  • Broom and Dust pan
  • Mop
  • Caddy to keep the next items in. Caddys can make cleaning so easy since you put what you need and onward to chore after chore, as well as provide a place for you to keep supplies). On the side of this blog is a link to the caddy that I bought and have had for 3 years now. It's blue and carries all I need to do a simple chore. I load it up pending which chore I have to do.
  • Cleaning rags (you can buy your own, or use old clothes/towels)
  • Napkins (You can be budget friendly and get the store brand, or for heavy cleaning, you can get the nice blue cloth like ones that are great for cleaning, either is fine)
  • Small 13 gallon garbage bags, for quick room, cupboard, dresser, craft-room, toy room, anything you clean out.
  • Spray bottles for homemade cleaners if you'll be going that route.
  • Old newspaper for cleaning glass(optional)
  • Scrub brush
  • Colored Sponges-I color code, example: green=kitchen, blue=bathroom, yellow=toilets, pink=bedrooms, etc. Or you can use permanent marker and mark them. I use the pretty ones that I have listed next to the posts, looks like an amazon advertisement. ~I also use, promote, and swear by the Mr.Clean Magic eraser sponges. Name brand or store brand I live by them.
  • Reusable or Throw away gloves. I have two pair of reusable gloves and I just disinfect them often.
This is a quick list of what you need to start your cleaning. I will be listing the homemade cleaning supplies in the next day or four. Don't forget to try the ones I use because if I advertise it I swear by it. This list should get you ready for what you'll need to do. Organizing your cleaning supplies is the first step to cleaning.
Check it out, and let me know what you like to have in your caddy, on hand for cleaning, and your amazing ideas for cleaning supplies made at home. 
Happy Organizing
Xoxo,
Megs

P.S.
with young kids try to either keep things locked up or refrain from using under the sink as your cleaning supply spot. Don't forget to put them up and teach your kids they are poison.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comment and I will be sure to respond. Remember this: Live each day as your last. Never miss a moment, each moment is a memory that could end up meaning the world to you. Love each other deeply. Hate and dislike hurt the soul and take away from your peace, happiness, creativity and purpose. Live Loud With No Regrets.